Error converting loc file to csv file (URL error)

Error converting loc file to csv file (URL error)

Petter Larsson
I have a stylefile as the one attached.
And want to convert the loc-file attached to a csv-file.

In the resulting csv file the urls are corrupted.
This is the minimal loc file that makes this error, I had a bigger one
from the beginning. If I remove any waypoint from this file the error
does not appear.

The error is shown by this oneliner, where I grep after rows that dont
have the www.geocacheing.com in them.

gpsbabel -i geo -f geo3.loc -o xcsv,style=geo.newstyle -F -|grep -v www.

Does anyone have an Idea that the error might be, and how I can help to
make it fixed?

FIELD_DELIMITER TAB
RECORD_DELIMITER        NEWLINE
BADCHARS                TAB
IFIELD SHORTNAME, "", "%s"
IFIELD DESCRIPTION, "", "%s"
IFIELD LAT_DECIMAL, "", "%08.5f"
IFIELD LON_DECIMAL, "", "%08.5f"
IFIELD URL, "", "%s"
IFIELD ICON_DESCR, "", "%s" #strtype (Geocache-*)
IFIELD TIMET_TIME, "", "%ld" #variable time
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #ifound
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #moc
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #iplaced
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #placed time
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #found time
IFIELD IGNORE, "", "%s" #ifound time
IFIELD GEOCACHE_DIFF, "", "%3.1f" #difficulty
IFIELD GEOCACHE_TERR, "", "%3.1f" #terrain
IFIELD GEOCACHE_CONTAINER,"", "%s" #container (not set)
IFIELD GEOCACHE_TYPE, "", "%s" #gc.com type
OFIELD SHORTNAME, "", "%s"
OFIELD DESCRIPTION, "", "%s"
OFIELD LAT_DECIMAL, "", "%08.5f"
OFIELD LON_DECIMAL, "", "%08.5f"
OFIELD URL, "", "%s"

geo3.loc (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Error converting loc file to csv file (URL error)

Robert Lipe-2
On 8/2/05, Petter Larsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The error is shown by this oneliner, where I grep after rows that dont
> have the www.geocacheing.com in them.

Thanx for the detailed description and test case.  I've confirmed the
problem and the fix.

GCHRYE  HA?llkistan by Bo & Elisabethh  58.68542        14.95305
 w.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHRYE

This was a problem fixed in version 1.8  the xmlgeneric module just a
few days ago.  You can get a fix from the source tree now or wait a
few days for a release.

Thanx,