Quantcast

Dummy question regarding the GUI

Dr Rainer Woitok
Greetings,

having compiled GPSBabel from source under Cygwin  I can now use it from
a shell's command line.   Issuing just  "gpsbabel" simply  displays help
information,  and double clicking "gpsbabel.exe" from a Windows Explorer
window causes an error  because Windows of course doesn't find the vari-
ous "cyg*.dll" libraries.

Is there a way to activate the GUI from a shell's command line?

Sincerely,
  Rainer

Re: Dummy question regarding the GUI

tsteven4-2
run gpsbabelfe.exe

for this to exist you will have had to build the gui.

On 3/4/2016 2:30 AM, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> having compiled GPSBabel from source under Cygwin  I can now use it from
> a shell's command line.   Issuing just  "gpsbabel" simply  displays help
> information,  and double clicking "gpsbabel.exe" from a Windows Explorer
> window causes an error  because Windows of course doesn't find the vari-
> ous "cyg*.dll" libraries.
>
> Is there a way to activate the GUI from a shell's command line?
>
> Sincerely,
>    Rainer

Re: Dummy question regarding the GUI

Dr Rainer Woitok
Steve,

On Friday, 2016-03-04 06:33:47 -0700, you wrote:

> run gpsbabelfe.exe
> for this to exist you will have had to build the gui.

Thanks for your quick answer (as always :-).  However, I had to hunt the
binary down a little.  Its "gui/objects/gpsbabelfe-bin.exe".

Sincerely,
  Rainer