Quantcast

Converting track data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device

Converting track data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device

Dale Wilson
I'm looking to convert tracking data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device but
I can't find any information about the file format and I've tried every
format known to my installation of GPSBabel (version 1.4.3). I've
included a sample of the data from the device.

Regards,
Dale

8081231f-97b3-426f-8471-f0be6c8bacbb.tar.bz2 (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Converting track data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device

Robert Lipe-4
Looks like a format that falls into subsection 3 of the first question at http://www.gpsbabel.org/FAQ.html

I really don't know why companies continue to make it difficult to get YOUR data out of YOUR device. Sigh.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Dale Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm looking to convert tracking data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device but I can't find any information about the file format and I've tried every format known to my installation of GPSBabel (version 1.4.3). I've included a sample of the data from the device.

Regards,
Dale

Re: Converting track data from a SportDOG TEK 2.0 device

Robert Lipe-4
If you see a pattern, go for it. That's usually the hard part, especially if you only care about reading the data.  README.contrib in the source tree is a good start for your implementation. The QDataStream readers are more pleasant to work with than our endian_read_FOO and gb_fgetFOO that was our old approach for reading and writing binary formats.

Let us know if we can help with the GPSBabel side of the equation. (Maybe to -code instead of -misc if you want to talk nerdy...)

RJL