Quantcast

Converting KLM to GPX

Martin Sullivan
I have a KLM file that contains a large number of tracks which I have converted to GPX using gpsbabel.

The KLM file is a list of streets and inevitably there are many duplicate streets with the same name. However what I have found is that only SOME of the duplicated names ends up in the GPX file. But a lot are missing.

I cannot see any logical reason why this should be happening.

As a new poster would appreciate any advice.

Re: Converting KLM to GPX

tsteven4-2
Martin,

We would need the command you are using to invoke gpsbabel, a sample input file, and for you to let us know what you think is missing in the gpx.

Steve

On 9/17/2015 12:59 PM, Martin Sullivan wrote:
I have a KLM file that contains a large number of tracks which I have converted to GPX using gpsbabel.

The KLM file is a list of streets and inevitably there are many duplicate streets with the same name. However what I have found is that only SOME of the duplicated names ends up in the GPX file. But a lot are missing.

I cannot see any logical reason why this should be happening.

As a new poster would appreciate any advice.

in one place.

Re: Converting KLM to GPX

Martin Sullivan
Dear Steve,

Sorry for delay in replying. Today I found time to look at the file generated by gpsbabel (something I should have done before!). I found that the converted file DOES contain all the tracks that were in the original KLM.

The problem I was seeing was when I imported the converted GPX file into one of my mapping system (Memory Map), and it is this that was dropping duplicate names.

Martin

Sent from my iPad