Converting GPX files failed since last version

Converting GPX files failed since last version

Patrick Steiner-4
Hi,

since the last version of gpsbabel I have problems converting gpx files.

If I convert one geocache with the command gpsbable -i gpx -f cache.gpx -o gpx -F cache_converted.gpx I am not able to load the cache via the Garmin Basecamp application.

I figured out that gpsbabel converts " into " maybe this is the problem?

I have the 2 files. Any ideas whats wrong? I have tested 1.5.1 and the latest development svn version.

patrick

GC45VJ9_convert.gpx (56K) Download Attachment
GC45VJ9.gpx (56K) Download Attachment

Re: Converting GPX files failed since last version

Robert Lipe-4
Thanx for a test case and reasonable description.

It looks like you're using the Groundspeak 1.0.1 GPX extension (which is versioned confusingly similarly to the GPX base version.)    That was something Groundspeak added a few years ago what broke most applications and never got widespread use.

Use 1.0 GPX for your pocket queries for maximum compatibility.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Patrick Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

since the last version of gpsbabel I have problems converting gpx files.

If I convert one geocache with the command gpsbable -i gpx -f cache.gpx -o gpx -F cache_converted.gpx I am not able to load the cache via the Garmin Basecamp application.

I figured out that gpsbabel converts " into &quot; maybe this is the problem?

I have the 2 files. Any ideas whats wrong? I have tested 1.5.1 and the latest development svn version.

patrick

Re: Converting GPX files failed since last version

Patrick Steiner-4
Thanx for the infos. I have changed my GPX Settings to use version 1.0.0
But I get the same error.With the latest svn build (r4879)

I have attached the 2 new files again.

Thx for your support
 patrick

On 07.07.2014, at 07:44, Robert Lipe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

GC45VJ9_gpx1_export2.gpx (58K) Download Attachment
GC45VJ9_gpx1.gpx (57K) Download Attachment

Re: Converting GPX files failed since last version

Robert Lipe-4
The only thing that catches my eye immediately in our output is that we seem to have lost the xmlns:  attribute in the groundspeak:cache tag, which might blow up a reader that then tries to use the unqualified namespace.

Steven and I both did some work in that area a few months ago.  I'll look at it in the next few days if he doesn't beat me to it.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Patrick Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

tsteven4-2
we produce bad output from good input.  Robert is correct, the namespace is used but not declared.  This is a 1.5.x gpsbabel bug. 1.4.4 was ok.  The namespace used to be declared with the groundspeak:cache element.
./gpsbabel -i gpx -f /media/sf_Shared/GC45VJ9_gpx1.gpx -o gpx -F x.gpx
input is good:
 StevesDOMCount -v=always -n -s -f -sc=$HOME/schema -slp=gpx10 /media/sf_Shared/GC45VJ9_gpx1.gpx
Using schemaLocation: "http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0 /home/tsteven4/schema/gpx10/gpx.xsd"
/media/sf_Shared/GC45VJ9_gpx1.gpx: 332 ms (258 elems).
output is bad:
 StevesDOMCount -v=always -n -s -f -sc=$HOME/schema -slp=gpx10 x.gpx
Using schemaLocation: "http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0 /home/tsteven4/schema/gpx10/gpx.xsd"

Fatal Error at file /home/tsteven4/work/gc/trunk/x.gpx, line 21, char 71
  Message: prefix 'groundspeak' can not be resolved to namespace URI

Errors occurred, no output available

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

x.gpx (47K) Download Attachment
gpxns.patch.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Converting GPX files failed since last version

Patrick Steiner-4
The x.gpx file can be imported to Garmin Basecamp without problems.

On 08.07.2014, at 02:22, tsteven4 <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<x.gpx><gpxns.patch.txt>