CompeGPS-Export: Wrong handling of space characters in waypoint names

CompeGPS-Export: Wrong handling of space characters in waypoint names

Martin Egge
Hi,

I think the CompeGPS-Export handles space chars in waypoint names in a
wrong way. Instead of being deleted, they should be replaced by an
underscore.
It is correct that space chars aren't allowed in waypoint names in the
CompGPS-Wpt-Format. But underscores in waypoint names will be replaced
with a space char when displayed in any compegps/twonav software.

Kind regards,
Martin

Re: CompeGPS-Export: Wrong handling of space characters in waypoint names

Martin Egge
Hi Robert,

thx for the quick fix. How long will it take until a new windows version
with this fix will be released?

Kind regards,
Martin

Am 2016-08-22 19:16, schrieb Robert Lipe:

> Thanx. Fixed in
> https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/5fc1b824c406023af68194e60be3d2a46289411e
> [3]
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 3:32 AM, Martin Egge
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the CompeGPS-Export handles space chars in waypoint names
>> in a
>> wrong way. Instead of being deleted, they should be replaced by an
>> underscore.
>> It is correct that space chars aren't allowed in waypoint names in
>> the
>> CompGPS-Wpt-Format. But underscores in waypoint names will be
>> replaced
>> with a space char when displayed in any compegps/twonav software.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Martin

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [3]
> https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/5fc1b824c406023af68194e60be3d2a46289411e

Re: CompeGPS-Export: Wrong handling of space characters in waypoint names

Robert Lipe-4
It will be in the next release. I've been (admittedly sem-passively) working on creating one for a while, but there have been some challenges outside our code.  If you want to grab the code and build it yourself, the fix is there.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Martin Egge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Robert,

thx for the quick fix. How long will it take until a new windows version
with this fix will be released?

Kind regards,
Martin

Am 2016-08-22 19:16, schrieb Robert Lipe:
> Thanx. Fixed in
> https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/5fc1b824c406023af68194e60be3d2a46289411e
> [3]
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 3:32 AM, Martin Egge
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the CompeGPS-Export handles space chars in waypoint names
>> in a
>> wrong way. Instead of being deleted, they should be replaced by an
>> underscore.
>> It is correct that space chars aren't allowed in waypoint names in
>> the
>> CompGPS-Wpt-Format. But underscores in waypoint names will be
>> replaced
>> with a space char when displayed in any compegps/twonav software.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Martin

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [3]
> https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/5fc1b824c406023af68194e60be3d2a46289411e

Re: CompeGPS-Export: Wrong handling of space characters in waypoint names

Martin Egge
Hi Robert,

how do I build GPSBabel for Windows from source? Which tools and libs do
I need?

Kind regards,
Martin